Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Shh, I didn't skip any runs you're making that up.

Alright well I finally got back to a normal schedule today.  Well actually yesterday but it's carried over which is nice.  So this morning I got up at 6am, started stretching and drinking water to go out for a morning run, something I've only done once since starting to run again. Morning runs were always something I had a hard time adjusting to, anytime I had gotten away from them getting back was a struggle.

As I stepped outside this morning I realized it was a lot colder than I was expecting which surprised me since I sleep with a window open in my room and I was not particularly cold getting up.  I soon discovered it was more the wind than anything else that made it cold.  The assault the wind had on my face at first was very unpleasant but thats what comes with running in the winter in New England.  I don't really mind it that much after all it is only noticeable at least to me for the first few minutes of a run unless it's below 0.

I got about 4 miles in today in just over 31 minutes, slow but considering how I felt and it being my first run in a while I suppose it will do.  I am kinda tempted to do another 3 and change later today but I can't decide if that is a bad idea or not so only time will tell.  I've gotta get back on track though starting Friday I need to make sure I get on pace to hit the 2,010 miles for the year and make Sweetland eat some donuts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The one time we ran recently, we went at 11 a.m. You called that a morning run. And then used that as your excuse for barely being able to sustain 10 minute pace for 5 minutes. So I think this would be called progress. Good work.

Mike said...

11am is still technically the morning and I hadn't eaten breakfast yet so it qualifies(let me have this) However I was not counting that as a morning run when I referenced a morning run in the post, I did do another run at 7am so I was talking about that one.

Anyway I've been spying on my brother at work and amassing all of the PED's they investigate so I'll be back in top shape in a few hours once I take all these supplements. I'll also probably need a new liver can you help me out with that?