Friday, December 18, 2009

Half(twice) the man I used to be

Well I got my 8 miles in tonight, it was dark and cold.  So cold in fact I had to stop to use one of my gloves for something other than my hand.  I felt like complete garbage for the first two miles or so which had me a bit nervous but luckily that went away.  I was feeling pretty good for most of the run, the only time i really was nervous about anything was there is one spot before the 5th mile mark that there was no sidewalk on the main road so i had to dodge some cars there and kept going.  I started getting tired around mile 6 or so which is about what I was expecting that is about my limit for runs being comfortable.  Hopefully this weekend can help that some if I can get the 10 in on sunday or at least 8,  it will all depend on how my legs feel then.

I mixed it up a bit with the Ipod tonight though, it was only about half STP.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck getting that run in Sunday with the snow. BOOOO for snow. Seriously, when we moving to Cali? Anyway, I'm impressed with your run. It was COLD yesterday. At least it looked cold ouside my window as I toiled away on the horrid elliptical machine of my demise.

Mike said...

seriously you have no idea. well the cold wasn't that bad overall just one part of it. i kept having to take my hat off and put it back on. I was sweating a lot when i had it on, but if i took it off eventually my ears would get cold. I just couldn't win. Not to mention I am so scared to roll my ankle I had a few points where I stepped on some uneven ground and I was nervous it was going to happen again.

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting to post on this 10 mile sunday run. But you may have forgetten to write it. So yea, get on that so I can comment on your commitment.

DoubleJ said...

mike forgot to run it, let alone write about it....

Mike said...

Haha Jim why don't you relax