Monday, December 7, 2009

Hello Old Friend

So winter has finally arrived in MA with some snow Saturday later afternoon/night and cold temps to go along with it.  I think my last run in shorts has passed for the rest of 2009.

Weekend recap. I did not run on Sunday and it's something I was kinda going back and forth on the whole week.  I didn't know if I wanted to be taking 1 day off per week or 2.  I've decided for the month of December at least I will take 2 days a week off to try to be sure to avoid injury.  I figured this is the safe route to take since my last attempt at getting in shape this past spring/summer I ended up having a calf issue that would only require maybe a week off from running but it actually led to a few months.  So that is that, I will run 5 days a week till January starts.  I'll reevaluate from there but hopefully I'll bump it up to 6 days a week until I'm back in shape.

So tonight I headed over to the Wakefield lake for my run.  I planned on doing 2 laps and as I got going making sure to keep it a very relaxed pace.  I forgot to bring my watch so I was using the stopwatch feature of my iPod to keep time.  I didn't check it as I ran to see what pace I was running which was nice since I always tend to aim for a quicker pace.  Though I did not check splits I am certain the second lap was a little quicker than the first.  I felt looser and even though I was tired and could feel it in my legs I felt like I was moving more fluid than the first.  According to mapmyrun the route I took totaled 6.4  miles and my time was 52 minutes flat.  Comes out to just over 8 minute pace.  Not too bad I'm gonna need some of those easy runs to make sure I stay healthy.

No comments: