Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Captain Zapp Brannigan: In the game of chess you can never let your adversary see your pieces.

The title of this entry is a quote from a real genius of our time. Captain Zapp Brannigan.  If you're not familiar he's a character on the cartoon show Futurama.  I haven't really seen the show THAT much, I have no idea when it normally airs just catch repeats now and then.  Still though he might be one of the most quotable characters in all of television.

Today I decided to take it easy for a few reasons.  I am going to take tomorrow off, then for Friday, Saturday and Sunday I am hoping to aim at doing 7-8, 4, 10.  We will see, it's all going to go on how I feel as I go. I'm doing my best not to over do it but at the same time I want to get back to doing at least 60 miles a week as soon as I can.  Once I am there I can start to get faster and get my average pace back down to a reasonable 7 minutes per mile or less instead of the jogging I am currently doing.

Once I am in a better groove of getting my runs in regularly I will have to start adding in workouts and doing drills.  I need to get back to adding in plyos to my runs that I was doing earlier in the fall.  I am encouraged at my run tonight though and I think maybe by the second week of January I might aim to hop in one of the Wakefield Lake 5k races on a Wednesday night just to see where I am at and mix things up a bit.

I am in a great mood tonight though and eagerly looking forward to what is ahead of me.  I'll end this entry the same way I started another Zapp Brannigan quote.

Captain Zapp Brannigan: Kif, I'm sensing a very sensual disturbance in the force. Prepare for ship-to-ship intimacy. 

No comments: