Saturday, December 5, 2009

Accidental Long Runs

I am using the term long run very loosely here as I am still not actually capable of doing a long run without injuring myself I'm sure.  I did however end up doing an 8 mile run today.  I woke up with zero motivation to go running this morning, stayed in bed watching bad movies until 10ish maybe.  I finally decided to get out of bed, start stretching and hydrating to go for a run.  That attitude lasted 2 full hours however, I decided to go run in some trails to give my legs a break from the pavement.  As I headed up rt 93 to the trails I decided since I need new shoes desperately I'd stop putting it off and go pick some up.  I bought the Nike Pegasus since they've finally brought them back to being good shoes. The trails were in the best shape out of the 3 times I've run on then in the past month or so but still some real muddy sections.  I had only planned on running 4 miles so I kept telling myself I was going to turn around soon and I kept pushing that time out 5 more minutes until I hit 32 minutes and I had at first didn't know where the trail went from there so I decided to turn back. I got lost on the way back but only had to back track maybe 20 seconds or so and I ended up finishing up in 1:04:10 so pretty even

This works out pretty well though that I went long today.  It's supposed to snow overnight 2-4 inches I've heard and the Pats are playing at 1pm tomorrow so I'd have to get my run in early and conditions would probably be worse then.   Now I can get in a shorter run and not worry about it as much.

No comments: