Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year Shmoo(Is that spelled right?) Year

So today is January 1st 2010, the first day of my challenge for myself to see how long it takes me to run 2,010 miles.  I made a post about it before here.  I am not going to go into the details of my day but it started off pretty crappy and ended pretty good.  I didn't go running until 9pm which is probably why I am writing this at midnight and I feel like it's maybe 9 or 10 instead.

I did a longish run today at least for me at the moment, 7.23 miles is what it was mapped out to be.  I went slow partially due to wanting to and I was also kind of forced to, there was still an inch or so of snow on just about all the sidewalks which made it slippery especially going up hills.  I ran for a total of 59:37 which comes out to like 8:15 per mile much slower than runs were at least before the holidays and my laziness of not running.

So not that I will average that per day, hopefully it's more for the entire year but if I average that out for 6 days a week it would take 46 weeks to hit the 2,010 mark.  Anyway stay tuned and keep track on the widget on the side that keeps track of the running.  I may not always write a blog entry every day but I will update the widget to keep track of each run.  I also map each route with mapmyrun.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you run on over to DC and get me some more cupcakes? You can knock off this silly challenge before February even arrives. Thanks. I'll be expecting them.

And I'm very impressed you ran last night. After our exciting night out on the town. Very impressed.