Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Lack of Consistancy.

Well another week without a run pretty much.  I finally got back out there today and despite having my legs feeling extremely sore from football on Sunday I still managed to get in a good run.  I did a loop just shy of  7 miles with a little add on to make it 7 even.  I finished the run in 51:47 which comes out to around 7:24 pace for the entire run.  I'm pretty happy with that considering how my legs felt and that I slowed down on the second lap of the run because my left achilles felt a little tight so I didn't want to push it.

One thing I need to do better is stretch a lot more often, I don't do nearly as much stretching now as I did back in high school or even college.  So hopefully that combined with eating better will help recovery a bit and stay ahead of any injuries that I might run into.

No comments: