Thursday, January 21, 2010

Progress...kinda

So despite being a little lazy for a few days I managed to get a run in finally.  Last night after work I met up with Jim back at Wakefield to attempt 3 long laps.  Lucky for me Jim had done a track workout the night before and was late getting there so did it with no warm up and was paying for it.  By 6:45 or so we finally started our run, nice and slow which of course I'd rather go quicker but since it'd be my first run of this distance since last spring/summer.

We were probably well above 8 minute pace on the first lap, which was fine, not all of it was clear running, there was plenty of black ice along the route we had to be careful of.  We picked up the pace as we ran, nothing drastic but by the end of the run we were probably hitting 7:50 at least.  My breathing was completely fine but I started to feel my legs getting sore at the start of the last lap and they just felt progressively worse as the run continued.  Now at almost 1pm the day after they are still incredibly sore.  Getting out of bed this morning was a task.   Still though it's a good feeling and it's good to know that at least breathing wise the 10 miles was easy to do so even though I've been taking too many days off I am still getting into better shape.

Also another good sign is weight has started to come off, and I've seemed to get somewhat of a runners hunger back.  There has been a few times in the past week or so that I've been more hungry than I've been in months, something that runners can get when training or people with tapeworms get.  It's great though it just means that what little running I've done so far is taking effect, so I just need to keep it up, well hopefully run a little more consistently but at least for now no real injury problems.

No comments: