Friday, June 25, 2010

The last few days.

So I haven't blogged since Mt. Washington but I at least got in 2 runs.  It took me a while to recover from the weekend, I think today is the first day I actually don't feel tired.

Anyway I won't remember all the details from the week but I'll start with Monday.  I didn't run I worked almost 12 hours and by the time I got home my fatness had me purely focused on eating and not running so what can ya do.  Tuesday I made it out finally after work.  I was feeling really good, I have no idea the pace I was going but it felt quick(probably like 8 minute pace since i'm out of shape).  So I went for the typical out and back 2 miles but on the way back far up ahead I see a blond pony tail.  I wonder if it's actually blondie since I saw her yesterday running on my street when I was driving home.  So naturally I pick up the pace, as I get closer I notice the form is pretty bad and it couldn't be her, but I can't slow down.  I don't know what it was if my body just enjoyed actually running vs the shuffle/jog I've been doing or what but I wasn't slowing down even though I wanted to.  It really didn't take much to realize it wasn't blondie considering I'm probably too out of shape to catch her on a run anyway, but as I continued at my quickened pace I was starting to really get tired.  It was bad as I got closer I can see that it's someone that needs to run more than I do, what a disappointment.  Oh well, at least I got in a pretty hard run for me I'll take them whenever I can.

Wednesday I took off on purpose since I really pushed it on Tuesday and I'm trying to avoid any small injuries since last time I had a small injury I stopped running for months.  So Thursday I had a busy day, I was out of work really early but I had lots to do. I got in a run after the quick thunderstorm which I was hoping would be easier since it'd be a little cooler but it just seemed to make up for the lack in temp with added humidity.  I finished the run well and should probably add in a few 3 or even 4 mile runs soon.  I don't want to push the mileage too fast but I'll have to stop with these 2 milers eventually.  Though I still can't believe how sweaty I was from a 2 mile run.  gross

No comments: