Friday, June 11, 2010

I'm a long way out.

So I finally decided to see how far I had been running all this time.  Turns out the shortest of the previous runs I've done the last two weeks was just over 2 miles, the longest being 2.8.  I was pleasantly surprised by this as I figured for sure I'd be over estimating the distance.  Anyway so I did this before going out for my run today and I figured since I felt alright on the last run of 2.8 I might as well make this one 3.  As I got to the 3 mile mark which was just past a quick downhill I felt alright so decided to add on a bit more.  I struggled some on the way back(which I finally realized today is almost entirely uphill) but not too badly and I finished strong, well strong for me considering.  All in all a good run and another step closer to getting back to at least 5 mile runs.

I think I'll have to set that as my first goal I suppose being able to run 5 miles.   As pathetic as it is, gotta start small.  I just need to be able to run 8:30 pace for 5 miles then I might be able to find people to run with.

No comments: