Monday, June 28, 2010

Blah Blah 2 miles Blah Blah

Dragged myself out for a 2 mile run this morning.  It again was a pretty good run considering how out of shape I am and that for some reason at 7am it was in the high 70's with humidity also in the high 70's.  As I ran I could feel the sweat building up like it does on real humid days.  It's almost like the moisture in the air is so much that it's keeping me from sweating until the pressure is too much.  Then I end up covered, even on a two mile run my shirt gets soaked through, half because I'm so out of shape and half because I've always sweat a lot on runs.

 I am going to have to start timing my runs though, I've just been assuming it's been around 9 minute pace because of how out of shape I am but this morning right after I started the 1 mile back home the song Knocked Up by Kings of Leon started playing.  That song has a play time of 7:10 and I'd say it couldn't have been much more than a minute that it wasn't playing on the way back.  It's pretty sad that I'm only running 2 miles at a time but if I am doing them at 8 to 8:15 pace then I'll feel a lot better about it.

Now if I could only find my stopwatch.

No comments: