Friday, June 18, 2010

And Back.

So I broke my laziness that turned 1 planned day off into 3 but I didn't like it.  So I obviously watched the Celtics game last night only to be disappointed with the result.  I'm not sure if it was worth staying out late for considering I didn't finally get to bed around 2 needing to be up at 6am for work.  I thought I was going to be meeting up with someone at 7:30 then another person at 9, it turned into the 9 meeting at 10 and the 7:30 not until noonish.  I was forced to think of all the sleep I could have had or if I just made myself a real breakfast at least but no instead I had an ice coffee and 2 bottles of water to try to fight of the dehydration.

 Lucky for me I didn't have to work too late today and made it home by 1:30ish I think at which point I decided I'd have some soup to get something in my stomach then head out for a run two hours or so later.  Well 5:30 rolls around and I find myself laying down struggling to stay awake.  I tried to motivate myself to get up and changed for a run and it wasn't working.  Finally two hours after that I manage to get out of bed and drink some more water hoping to hydrate before a run and somehow hoping that drinking water would some how stop the immense hunger I now felt having only had a bowl of soup and some coffee with some water mixed in since 6am now 13 hours later.

The water unfortunately did not stop the hunger even a tiny bit but the dedicated runner that I am I went for a run first since I know I wouldn't go back out if I had dinner first.  I stuck to the same 2 miles as usual and I felt much better than expected  the out i was running with an actual stride instead of the shuffle it turned into on the way back.  Between going out too fast and not being ideally prepared for a run when I'm this out of shape I knew it'd be not a fun finish.  Overall though the average pace was probably still as quick as any other run so something to be slightly pleased with I guess.

Overall though it was good to get back out, for me any time I get out for a run no matter how short it's a win. Just need to get back to doing 8-10 mile runs even if it is at 8minute pace, at least I could go a real distance then.

Now to shower, eat and prepare for the trip to Mt. Washington tomorrow to watch Double J run sub 1:05 for the 7.6 mile uphill race.  That is if I can get my lazy ass up early enough to make the drive.

No comments: