Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Great Friend or the Greatest Friend

I've always thought of myself as a great friend to have but recently came another example.  So this weekend was the Super Bowl which is less exciting since there was a lack of Patriots but still the Saints have a few ex Patriots not to mention a coach that admits to trying to emulate the Patriots it was easy to choose a team.  Oh that and I HATE the Colts so it really didn't matter who the other team was.  


On to the point so as normal I was driving so I wasn't out to get wasted not the case of my friends.  Pete however took it as a challenge apparently.  It certainly didn't help that shots kept getting served where we were and who was he to turn down that.  Anyway after the game ends we end up going outside to throw the football around with a couple of other people.  Upon returning to the party we find the rest of our friends left which was fine but everyone else we had met for the first time.  As Pete finishes off some random drink that was on the table he declares he has to go outside and puke.  Someone asks "did he just say he was going to throw up" so I said I thought so and would go check on him.  I go outside to find Pete and he responds with alright we gotta go, that figures though if he's not feeling well, it took a turn for the funny when we get to the car to hear him say "I had to get out of there before I banged a fat chick".  I lost it then considering there were a few heavy hitters there so probability was not going to help.


Had I known what was going to happen I might have considered ditching him.  We are driving home and as I got on to the highway the window went down.  I was like well hopefully he can hold off till we get back but this is not an unfamiliar situation. I ask him if he wants me to pull over, he says no and waves me on.  You might think well why not stop? Well since this is now the 3rd time he's puked out the window of my car I figured he's made the first two without incident he could pull off number three.  Man do I regret t hat, so I make the mistake of assuming he's doing a good job of keeping it all on the outside of the car, until I hear him puke then feel a mist blow back in my face.  That is pretty awful for those of you who haven't experienced that.  So he says he's done I don't remember if he actually was or not but I know the damage had been done and I just wanted to get back to his house.  So we get there I go inside to get cleaning supplies and Pete just heads upstairs.  I do what I can in the limited light I have  and get everything for the most part.  


Instead of going into more details than I need like I already have I'll move on.  It got me thinking, as gross as it is puke doesn't really bother me.  Aside from not smelling too well and the thought of what it actually is it doesn't bother me.  I've cleaned up puke plenty of times from drunk friends so it's not new, cleaning when someone misses the toilet in their attempt to upchuck, just the middle of a floor, clogged sinks, my car and the list will continue to grow I'm sure.  The best part is I can always wash my hands etc... after so I don't really care.  What this got me thinking about though is I'm really a great friend to have and I want to let everyone who reads this know that I'm aware of their under appreciating of my friendship but I'm okay with it as long as you keep the puking to a minimum or at least make up for it with buying me breakfast the next morning.

To use a quote from Seinfeld to describe me I will quote Jerry mom "How can anyone not like you?"

Anyway feel fee to use the comments section to write testimonials of how great of a friend I have been to you.

2 comments:

DoubleJ said...

I'm leaving a comment without having read the actual post because there are too many words and not enough pictures. You need to have at least one picture per post to make it worthwhile. Even if the picture is of something obscure and really nothing related to the post....otherwise I just zone out. Anyways...Hi. Good run tonight.

Mike said...

Ha, I was actually thinking of starting to do that, or since I don't take pictures often instead just doing random pictures that have nothing to do with the rest of my post much like my titles half the time.