Saturday, February 13, 2010

Friday Night Football

So I'm not sure if I have mentioned before or not that I'm joining a flag football league with some of my friends but I am.  The league it outdoors and starts Sunday the 28th.  So we had our first "practice" last night at Turf Time in Woburn.  It's a small indoor turf field which was fine, except we didn't actually practice.   We threw around for a bit which is fine to warm up, then did a scrimmage which is completely useless in my opinion.  It was complete disorganization and of no help to anyone on the team.  We have plays made up well not so much a specific play book but specific assignments for each position that we will call in the huddle then run.  Now not sure who decided this, but instead of teaching everyone that it was decided to just scrimmage instead.  Some of the people have never played any kind of organized football before so they didn't know what they were doing.  Anyway thats my rant I guess, so I think I will have to take charge next time and keep it organized.  Also if we end up doing another indoor practice I'd like to see us go to Tyngsboro instead since they have a larger indoor field more for football too not just soccer.  Anyway I've got a lot of stuff to do before heading out tonight so ummm see ya.

No comments: