Saturday, July 10, 2010

Where did I go?

Alright so I hadn't blogged in a couple of days but thats ok and I will tell you why.  I ran both Wednesday and Thursday 3 miles each, Wednesday was much tougher due to heat/humidity and I was on my own so I cannot control my pace and run too fast.  Thursday I had a running partner that kept me going more relaxed so that was good.  I took Friday off from running because I was feeling pretty sore and I've been getting a hint of tightness in my right calf which has me a little nervous because my past issues with calf problems.  I need to be more disciplined with hydration, diet and stretching to curb this problem before it gets worse.

I have not yet run today but I plan on going later tonight after it starts to cool off and I've got some good food in me.  I had a very late night last night for my friend Tony's birthday, it was a great time but going into work for a bit this morning wasn't my top choice of things to do.  So far though it's been a very good day in terms of productiveness I just need to actually run too. I will try to do another 3 miles but if my running log updates anything less feel free to make fun of me via the comments section.

Kinda going backwards here I think my love of running is sparking up a bit again which I am excited about.  After my run Thursday I got home and showered and headed to Barnes and Noble to get a book a friend recommended to me(The Strain by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan that my friend referred to as the anti twilight meaning it's actually good)  It was around 9 at night and driving across Burlington with the windows down was beautiful.  It really reminded me of when I used to be in shape and doing night runs after work, flying through a run on a summer night at 6 or 7 minute pace for 10 or 12 miles was such an awesome feeling.  Still warm but you could feel the cool breeze and when you're running fast but you feel like you'd never get tired despite the sweat pouring out of your body.  I miss that, I really do and I need to get back to that as soon as I can.  It has been frustrating being so far from a run like that and I hope it comes back quickly so maybe some time in the fall I could hit a 10 mile run at 7 minute pace and feel like a real runner again.

No comments: