Wednesday, July 14, 2010

6 runs in 8 days. How about that.

So since I didn't blog yesterday I will recap yesterday and today.

Yesterday after work I went to my friend Jenn's house to meet up for a hill workout.  The original plan was to do it with 2 more of her fitness friends, one bailed early the other got stuck at work.  One of them lives on a pretty nasty hill I guess so we were going to do it there.  After that got nixed we just did it at a hill that Jenn lived on.  It wasn't nearly as difficult as I was expecting but it was still a good workout.

Today I got home from work kinda early, ran a few errands then headed out for my run.  I decided to do a loop for the first time from my house since starting up again.  I wasn't sure how long it was going to end up but I figured I could handle it.  It went much better than expected.  Turned out to be only 3.25 miles but I felt great finishing up.  A slight uphill to finish and I was still running strong unlike most runs I've done lately.

Today also is 6 runs in 8 days which is a good sign.  Just gotta keep this up so I can do a real run hopefully by the end of September.  I think I will set a goal for the end of Sept to be able to run 5 miles in 35 minutes.  Nothing fancy but we will see.

No comments: