Saturday, July 10, 2010

Feeling better

So despite going to bed at 5am after a long night of drinking then getting up for work int he morning I still got out for a run.  I didn't feel too bad this morning just really tired my morning was fueled by 2 iced coffees, I finally had lunch around 2 or 3 a couple of stripes of bacon and a chicken pie.  Finally motivated enough to go for a run around 7:20.

The heat has finally passed a brief storm helped cool down the temp but did not help the humidity.  I went out planning on a 3 mile run and I felt pretty good about it as I got going.  No hint of any tightness or pain in my calf which is always reassuring.  I was probably sweating as much as any of the actually hot days due to the humidity which kinda felt good since I wasn't also dying of heat.  I felt a bit of a stomach cramp about a mile to go but that passed after a minute or two and I finished pretty strong.  I still didn't time it, I think I might have been around 8:30 pace or so but who knows.

No comments: