Friday, July 23, 2010

What have you missed?

Alright I've wanted to blog the past few days really I have I just couldn't actually do it.  I'd be sitting on the couch after showering and eating thinking I should blog about that run but no blogs.  Anyway the last two days were pretty awesome runs.

Wednesday I went out planning on doing my longest run of the summer a whopping 4 miles.  I managed to make it through alright, struggling pretty bad towards the end though, had I not been on a main road I probably would have started walking but I was much too embarrassed to do that.  I might still have the scraps of a reputation as a runner in Burlington I wouldn't want to ruin that by walking on the main street.  Either way though I was happy to get an increase in mileage in.

Thursday I almost ended up skipping pretending it was justifiable since I went for a new long the day before.  I went to the movies with my friend Mike and saw Predators.  It was pretty good, can't compare to the original but better than the others in my opinion.  I was home by 10:15 or so and still had the run on my mind.  I decided I'd hydrate stretch and head out for a quick 2 miles or so with maybe a decent hill in the mix to make it worth it.  As I hit the hill I was planning on running I felt good considering the pace I was going.  I thought I'd go get some water at a fountain at the top of the hill do a loop around the common and head back.  I got the water and as I went up to make a left to head around the common I ended up taking off across the street to take a right.  I knew that if it turned out to be a bad decision I could easily cut through back home and cut off some mileage I'd just have to deal with a hill one way or another in order to do so.  I went on the extended loop not even considering cutting through.  I kept my quickened pace on the hills and off, I felt great.  I finally was coming down to the last quarter mile or so and I could really start to feel my legs shutting down.  You know that feeling when you think you're picking your legs up for normal strides then you hear your feet dragging against the ground?   Yea it's not good. The run overall however was great.  Still haven't found my watch or started trying to time my runs so who knows I put in my log that it was like 8:30 pace but who knows, it felt faster but what do I know.

Today I went out to do a quick 2 miles, turned around early because I felt like absolute garbage, it was probably 1.5 miles so I didn't cut off much but I just wasn't loosening up at all.  I'm happy I got it in though even if it was short and semi pointless it was important to actually get out.

No comments: