Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I have not been blogging but I HAVE been running.

I've been lacking motivation to blog lately,  not sure exactly why but I had plenty of lame short posts in a row and I suppose I wouldn't subject my thousands of loyal readers to that.  I was tempted to skip a few runs over the past week but forced myself out. I've kinda been doing 2 runs 1 day off kinda thing with a few exceptions.  I am still trying to decide on today but I think I'm going to end up taking today off.

I have been getting bursts of motivation though.  Talking with friends and different people about running has been motivating me to get back in shape.  My friend Michelle is currently in the process of moving out to Colorado and before moving we chatted a bit about doing some races together down the road not local road races but marathon's or ultras something worth travelling for.  I've also been chatting with an ultra runner that has given me some hope in getting in shape in a reasonable amount of time, of course that is if I stick with running this time around.  Lastly last night I went and started looking back to my runs back in Jan/Feb before I stopped to see what the pace was for those.  I was surprised to see a few of the runs 7-10 miles that were run at sub 8 minute pace.  It was very reassuring that only 3.5 months ago I was running a reasonable pace and real mileage.  I hope that I can be back to that by the end of august but that may be a long shot.

I just need to work on eating better and sleeping better and maybe I won't be so tired all the time.  Other good news is though I've apparently lost 6 lbs.  I don't think I ever dipped under 172 or 173 when I was running in the fall and winter but maybe with all this humidity I can sweat out a few more lbs before the end of the summer.

No comments: