Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Temptations

So again taking way too much time off from blogging but what can you do.  Anyway I'll start my recap off with Thursday. Last week I had Thursday and Friday off from work.  I decided that on Thursday I'd head up to Methuen and get some chicken pies, it was a decision I do not regret.  It had been a while since I've had them so I was over due.  The one problem is that as I was stuffing my face with chicken pies on the ride back I happen to pass by the river trail in I think Andover but I'm not sure.  I ran there a few times with Jim and a few with Michelle.  It got me thinking about how great trail running is and how much I missed it.  Only problem was I don't even know where my running shoes are since moving and I was stuffing my face.  I got home and figured well maybe later today if I have time(I had a long list of things to do) or tomorrow I'd head to the trails for a few easy miles.  Well obviously I did not end up going because lets be serious I am me.  I didn't finish the stuff I planned to do Thursday, then the nice weather disappeared along with my motivation.  I suppose I can pretend the good news is I at least dug out my running shoes so I am aware of where they are now.  I will keep you posted if the unthinkable happens and I go for a run.

I think I just need to accept I am just not a self motivated person.  I really enjoy running and even running alone but apparently not enough to get in shape by myself so I can actually go for runs with my friends.  I think I'd just need someone that wants to get back in shape or just in shape and forces me to go with them.  That'd probably be a lot more likely to work than me actually getting back in shape on my own and staying that way.

The rest of the weekend wasn't too exciting.  Friday I did go to the Beer Summit in Boston which was really cool. If you are a beer drinker I'd definitely recommend going next time they have one.  50 different microbreweries and 200 different beers(and some ciders).  Next time though I'll have to figure out a way to document all the ones I try because there is maybe a handful of what I actually remember drinking.  I remember things like the expresso beer I tried that tasted a lot more like coffee than it did beer, it was pretty good but I can't remember at all who made it.  The same with the pear cider, it was different but pretty good and again no clue who made it.

Anyway I will leave you with this picture that I came across after Easter which had the funny headline "the lord has risen"  apparently some religious people have a problem with this picture.  I thought it was pretty funny.

No comments: