Monday, April 12, 2010

The Gunners Dream

So to recap the weekend it was pretty fun.  Went out to Patriot Place on Friday night which is pretty cool.  The rain made it less fun walking around but still that place is impressive.  I had never been in a Bass Pro Shop before and it's odd to say but being inside that store has really made me want to spend more time outside.  Sunday we had our last regular season games of the regular season.  We had a double header due to 95% of our team being in Toronto next weekend for Mike's bachelor party.  The first game was a bit of a disaster from the start, again the league has the scheduled screwed up and gave people incorrect times, the field we played on was absolute crap which I'm sure we didn't have a permit for.  Anyway very few bright spots between the two games.  Between a couple of guys getting banged up in the first game and 2 guys having to leave before the second game we were tired and very short handed so we didn't stand much of a chance the second game against a team that was undefeated.  Anyway to highlight the day, I had two plays I was really happy with.  The first catch was a high ball that was a jump between me and the defender that I came down with.  A tough enough catch that the teams that played in the previous game that were still on the sidelines were commenting on it and giving me high fives as I went back to my huddle.  It was a bit awkward but cool that it apparently looked that good.  The second was just a great throw by Dan outside of the defender so only I could get it. I dragged my feet to stay in bounds and got a first down.  Sadly those type of plays were probably the only kind of highlights of the day since we got beat so bad.  Oh well it's been a fun season and now we know two things.  We need to find a better run league to join since this one sucks, and we need to find more people(specifically more committed people) since probably half of our games we had 2 or less subs.  Actually to be more specific we need more big guys since our lineman generally played both ways the entire game just about every game.  

Moving on.  So I've been still eating pretty poorly but one thing that has improved is breakfast.  So instead of either nothing or junk food for breakfast during the week I'm now having fruit smoothies.  The weekends I still go a little overboard with french toast, bacon and eggs or something like that.  Anyway so this is a picture of the smoothie pre mix.  
  So what I have in there is an orange, a banana, two kiwi's, some mango, blue berries, strawberries and raspberries.  I think thats everything at least.  Then I add green tea to it, it's surprisingly pretty good and I'm sure better for me than pop tarts or nothing.  

4 comments:

DoubleJ said...

OK, that is a SHITELOAD of food. You are most likely eating more volume with that lot than you think. When you blend that all up into a smoothie (or 3-4 glasses of smoothie with that amount, depending on how much water and ice you add), it goes down the gullet quick..but imagine if you tried to eat all that solid? It's a lot of food. Granted it's good for you (better than bacon), but it is still a good amount of grub and should fill you up. And what kind of water is that? Is that Burlington water or did you dip that container in the Merrimack first?

DoubleJ said...

Also, this looks suspiciously like my smoothie post from July of 2008.

Mike said...

Dude relax I don't have the entire thing for breakfast. I have one glass for breakfast and share the rest. I'm not always thinking about myself like some of my readers. Still though you are right even if I did eat it all it's better for me than my preferred breakfast of 4 eggs and 6 stripes of bacon, maybe with a slice or two of french toast with it.

Also I figured it had been long enough since your post for me to copy it. I guess not. Plus I thought the only thing you drank was coffee?

DoubleJ said...

9 days and no blogging. did you fall into one of those mammoth smoothies you make?