Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday morning, early.........

So after not being able to sleep all night after my 5 hour or so "nap" on Sunday, at 5:30 I decided to give up on trying to get any sleep so I went out for a run. I planned on going short like 15 minutes or so because I wasn't sure how the conditions were going to be because of the snow during the day on sunday. The loop I normally run has sidewalks, and people in Burlington are far to lazy to actually shovel them like their supposed to. I started off with 2 half mile loops near my house, and the time after that was 6:53, and I was feeling good(which I was expecting to change since thats too fast for me right now) so I decided to go do part of that short loop I've been doing. The snow was pretty annoying even if it was only a couple of inches, my feet were sliding a lot since it was mostly backroads, which weren't entirely down to the pavement yet. Overall it was a good run though, with the exception of toward the end my left achilles was tight and bothering me.

Not sure of the distance but I finished up at 22:54, I followed it up with some light stretching, and I actually cooked myself some brekafast after my shower. It's been a while since I've had a real meal for breakfast. Now the rest of the day I'm gonna have to fight off the urge to take a nap and see if I can stay up till 9 and just go to bed then and get on a normal sleep schedule.

"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost

No comments: