Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Getting back in shape

Well I've been convinced finally to start writing a blog about my running. I've been in and out of shape a few times since graduating college in 2004, but never in good shape. I started running again a couple weeks ago, and was just gonna keep track of how many days i've run in a row then people got annoying about it because it was an annoyance to them when they checked my profile i guess? Lavalley, I'm talking about you deleting me from your buddy list. I'm not 100% on getting back into racing shape and start racing again, which i'm sure JJ will not like. Maybe the blog will help, but it's not just gonna be running stuff, I'll probably throw in other stuff too becuase chances are I'll get lazy again and stop running once the weather gets good, even though that doesn't make sense.

1/23/08
Ran for 20:21 which is the longest run of '08 I had been averaging just over 15 minutes a day, which is pretty pathetic, but my pace is better than I expected I'm under 8 minutes per mile haha.

"What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

DoubleJ said...

It's all about taking the first few small steps...you have to start somewhere...it's far from pathetic. It's necessary. It's all part of the bigger picture which takes time to paint... Remember the last week of August 06....I met you at the Burlington XC course and could barely finish the 3.1 at a pathetic pace...and you were fine. That's what I'm talking about...The goal should be to continue with the progression and get to a level you want to be at. You can't get there if you start and then stop repeatedly...letting other things in life get in the way...we all have our other responsibilities too..the key is still get the work done...whenever you can...earlier, later, etc. You need to get over that initial hump...and when things start to get much easier and become just your daily routine without thinking much about it, you know you're on your way. Good luck man... Once you are up for it, you have plenty of people around to run with...