Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wrapping up the month

Well it has been a while. I haven't run all that much this month, the adjustment to the new job and new schedule gave me room to make excuses and slack.

Basically, between my training schedule for work and lack of time to eat, I was starving by the time I actually got home, and I did not yet have my gym membership.  I do now have my membership and I am off and running in terms of work so it is easier to keep a somewhat regular schedule.  I just need to catch the early buses every day and get runs in before work. If I try to run at home then take a later bus in it would likely translate to me just hitting snooze too many times to get a run in before work.

Signs of improvement though.  So far I've been getting runs in the morning a little easier. I am not going everyday since I am unable to make myself go slow so I'd rather try to keep injuries away.  It doesn't help that there are lots of other runners around and I don't want to look like some fat slob that is out of shape even if that is what I am so another reason not to run a comfortable pace.

The more of a routine I get into the easier this will get I assume.  I am enjoying the gym membership even though I don't use the actual gym part it's nice that it is a method of forcing myself to exercise.  The downside is all the naked old men that walk around the locker room.

I will try to get into more of a routine blogging.  I think this site is blocked at my work, I've been updating my training log from my blackberry and maybe I will start even making blog posts from it as well.  If that turns out to be the case I wouldn't expect anything that is too long.  I might type it out and thing man this must be 2 pages of text but when I look at it on an actual computer and it's not even 2 paragraphs it's a little depressing.

Oh well, until next time.

No comments: